Thursday, May 16, 2013

To my Grandma,

Today would have been my Grandma's 86th birthday and she is celebrating her first with Jesus and Grandpa.  I always thought is was so cool that my Grandparents shared a birthday, despite the fact that it confused me to no end growing up.  (smile)  Today would have been Grandpa's 87th birthday.  And for the first time, they are celebrating together with our Lord.  It's surreal to think she's been gone for 4 months now and that Grandpa has been gone for almost 7 years.  It seems so important to remember them today, the day after J's Grandmother passed away. 

I think about her all the time and things I want to tell her.  Tell her the new little thing that Miss E is doing.  Tell her the surprises and joys.  Tell her the struggles and tears.  Tell her how much I love her.  Listen to her laugh and the love she had for us all.  When people would mention their grandmothers, I would picture her.  I love you and miss you so much Grandma!

I know so many people say stop, listen to your grandparents and their stories, but it really is so very true.  I wish I remembered all the stories that my grandparents had told me all those years.  The funny tidbits that Grandpa would say.  The little eyeroll that Grandma would give.  (smile)  They loved each other and each of us more than life itself.

So listen to those stories children.  Our lives are so short.  Relish the laughter and all those eyerolls.

Here are some pictures we took back in 2011, her 84th birthday.  Four generation of Blum women.  I'm so proud to be called your Granddaughter.  Happy Birthday Gwyn.  (Obituary)


No comments:

Post a Comment