Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Your Big Girl Bedroom....

is coming right along!  We have a little more painting to do but your comforter and pillow came in the mail (been eying a certain set and it finally went on sale!) and now I cannot wait until we have the room completed!  At first I thought we would do a cow themed bedroom for you but have since changed my mind when I found that sale.  We will do a farm theme for the play room with maybe some really cool fatheads.  But your bedroom (pause for effect - wink) will be done in a butterfly motif!  I am so excited!  I had wicker butterflies in my room growing up and then they went into your Aunt V's room.  They have been painted so many colors and I cannot wait to paint them for your room!

Here are a few ideas I found on Pinterest that I am looking into incorporating in your new room:


 I would like to do something like this.  Not sure I'd make this exactly but thinking I could incorporate them on to your curtain rods.  How cool would that be?!

I would love to make something like this for you.  And, since I am the matchy matchy type, I really like that it has butterflies!!!

How neat would it be for you to have a bean bag in your room that I made?!


Then I could do something like this for you!!!  Not sure you'd ever come downstairs!!!  (wink)

I just think this is really neat.  (smile)


I would love to have a personalized blanket for you.  Not sure I could do it on my own.  
But this would be so nice.  (smile)

And last but not least, this hand painted sign:

Maybe I can make all or some of these items.  Maybe some will end up in your room while others will not.  I'm not quite sure how to incorporate it all in the same room.  (smile)  All I do know is that I'm having so much fun looking through things to help decorate your room.  And you keep telling us, "Mama, I want to sleep in the purple bed."  Me too kiddo!  And I cannot wait to see the finished product! (smile)

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment