Saturday, July 20, 2013

When life is hard, look for rainbows,

There are times in your life where things will be hard.  That's just how life is.  This year, and going back into the end of 2012, have been really hard for me.  So much has happened but there seems to be so many more dips than rises that it has gotten me down.

The past several weeks have really put me in a not so great state of mind.  To the point that I stopped talking to God.  Now, it's not that I don't believe in Him or Jesus, but I couldn't talk or pray.  I have been so angry and hurt and have been putting that on God.  He could change things but has chosen not to.  That's what I kept telling myself.  Two weeks ago, I was ready to start talking to Him again.  I was ready to confess my sins and receive Him back into my life wholeheartedly.  But then, another blow, and I'm back down to where I've been for a while.

Last night I could see the dark clouds billowing in the West.  I was driving and just wanted to get home before the storm hit.  But as I looked into the rearview mirror, I couldn't help but say, "God, it's been so hard.  I cannot handle anymore.  I just want my rainbow.  Please show me my rainbow so I know everything will be okay.  You gave Noah his rainbow, now I need mine."

We got home, got into the house and not 30 minutes later, the storm hit.  It rained so hard our street was flooded instantly.  Rain water was coming out of our gutters as the sheer pressure of water was more than the gutters could handle.  We watched as impressive lightning strikes hit, and loud clashes of thunder pounded our ear drums.  You loved listening and kept reversing which was thunder and which was lightning but you loved the storm.  We played and listened as nature came down on our house.

The storm ended as fast as it came.  All of a sudden, bright sunlight shown in our large picture window in the foyer.  Daddy looked out the window of our backyard.  "Hey look!  There's a rainbow!"  I couldn't believe he said that.  He had no idea of what I'd said/prayed.  I ran to the kitchen window.  And sure enough, this is what I saw:


It's hard to see but there is a double rainbow.  I immediately thought of what I had said in my head earlier.  God showed up.  Not only did He give me exactly what I asked for, He helped restore my hope.  Here's to hoping for a brighter half of the year. 

God bless,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment