Monday, March 25, 2013

My dear faithful daughter,

This weekend you surprised me yet again with how much you pay attention to detail. This time it pertained to faith. Mommy has had some hard times with that of late but even in those hard times, I know how important it is to make sure that you still learn and live your faith. In the end, you're the one who has to make the decision for yourself but with this weekends actions, I felt proud of what you are learning already. (smile)

Let me back up a bit. Since you we're born, you've only missed church maybe a handful of times. You have enjoyed going and it's been great to watch you soak it all in. When it's available, we do our best to sit in the front row or as close to it as we possibly can. We learned you really enjoy and pay more attention! It's been fun to watch! You raise your hands, copy what the Priest does, and pray and take part in what goes on during Mass. I will admit, yesterday, Palm Sunday, you were not the "best" child and it seemed to be in the air. (smile) I ended up taking you out for a few minutes due to you crying out for the first time as a toddler. You were little miss wiggles the entire time. But despite all that, I truly cannot complain. (smile)

To give you some examples of you learning your faith, this past October 2011, being only 20 1/2 months, we were on our way home from picking pumpkins and you were eating some crackers. You held one up high and sang, "Through Him, With Him, In the unity of the Holy Spirit, One God forever and ever, Amen." Just like Father JJ! I couldn't believe it and was so proud!!! Then for Christmas, you received a kitchen and pots and pans from Santa. You have loved playing with your kitchen! The first thing you made for us was..." The body of Christ." You came up to us with your blue plate and you continue to do that. (smile)

But this weekend, mommy went out of her comfort zone. This time, while mommy prayed with you before nap time, I decided to try and pray the Hail Mary. I hadn't really spent time praying like that but thought it was about time. But that is a discussion for another letter down the road. You've been praying the dinner prayer for a long time with us so after I prayed, I asked you to pray with me, figuring you could start to learn it. I started each line, and then YOU FINISHED each line! I was so shocked and so proud! I had never prayed that prayer with you and yet, you already knew it! And then to both of our surprise, you prayed the Hail Mary all the way home from Mass. I'm truly so proud of you baby!

There will always be times of struggle. Being a Christian won't be easy. But I truly feel like you are on your way and I hope and pray you are the best Christian you can be. As Miss Sarah always says, "Jesus loves you!" And you know what kiddo, it really is true.

Love you baby!
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Little Miss E is such a smart little girl! Love her! God bless the Kutlers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks Jenn! Looking forward to writing my next letter! Ha ha, so many ideas right now. I'm sure I'll be looking for ideas in the future! :D

    ReplyDelete